Dr. Praveen Sanker S
Consultant Clinical Microbiologist
9 AM to 5 PM (all days)
Field of Interest
Hospital Infection Control, Bio-safety, Antibiotic stewardship, Microbial Containment facilities, Cost cutting and local adaptation of internationally accepted methods, Mycobacteriology and Public health.
- MBBS: Govt. T.D Medical College, Alappuzha
- MD Microbiology: Govt. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Microbiology dept., Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi: 5 months
- Chief Microbiologist & Officer-in Charge, Intermediate Reference Laboratory for TB, RNTCP, DHS, Thiruvananthapuram: 11 years and 3 months
- International Lab Consultant (Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics – Save The Children – Global Fund), National TB Center, National TB Control Program, Nepal: 2 years
- Consultant Clinical Microbiologist, Valluvanad Hospital Complex, Ottapalam, Kerala: 1 Year 5 Months
- International Expert in Mycobacteriology, Containment laboratories and Bio-safety.
- Trained extensively in Mycobacteriology, Quality Assurance, Public health, Bio-safety, Lab management and Logistics.
- Additional training in Hospital Infection Control, Antibiotic Stewardship and CoVID testing.
- Well experienced in PCR/RTPCR, LAMP, Clinical Microbiology and Mycobacteriology.
- Three International publications and One National publication as Lead author.